Saturday, December 7, 2013

Thank You

Thank You
By:  Vice Chairman Gary House

I want to take a few minutes to express my sincere appreciation to all of you who have supported me over the last few years and to explain some things and actions to you.

When Commissioner Tim McNeill sued me a couple of years ago, my attorney advised me not to say a word about anything to anybody during the process.  She told me to trust no one.  I took that advice even though I was continuously blasted.  McNeill did not produce any witnesses that could verify  the claims in his lawsuit.  I have always vehemently denied his allegations.  Throughout the proceedings, it became apparent to me that my resignation from the county board was the goal of that lawsuit.

When I did not resign, Harnett County initiated another lawsuit against me and Randy Rogers while McNeill was chairman.  Allegations in that lawsuit were also false.  This time, my attorney who was a different attorney gave me two options.  I could remain quiet during the process or I could come out swinging and bash the county over the head with the knowledge that I had.

I chose to remain quiet and let the process work itself out.   All the while, I took continued abuse from a faceless group of people.  Only a couple of them chose to reveal themselves even though I know who the faceless ones  are.  After the County put the same settlement agreement in front of me for the third time that asked me to sign things that were not true, gagged me from speaking, and prevented me from requesting public information, I decided that I could be quiet no longer.

I started using FaceBook as my primary method of getting information out to you.  I even told you it would be coming for a few months and to block me for a those months if you did not want to read it.  Very few of you chose to block me.  Many of you repeatedly thanked me for the information that I was putting out to you.

It was not until I started speaking that the County began negotiating seriously.  I was forced into a corner and the only choice I had was to come out swinging.  I assure you that I always spoke the truth.

My posts about the County will slow down significantly.  I will still let you know what is happening in our County but it will be done in a different manner.

I thank all of you for your patience and understanding in this matter and I will continue you to serve you to the best of my ability and I will continue to look after your money...

Many Thanks,
Gary A. House
Vice-Chairman of Harnett County Board of Commissioners


No comments:

Post a Comment